|Draft (keel up)||2′ 2″|
|Draft (keel down)||7′ 6″|
|Displacement||3,600 – 4,400 lbs|
|Sail Area (triangles)||512 sf.|
|Hull Material||Vacuum Resin Infused Carbon Fiber|
|Deck Material||Vacuum Resin Infused Carbon Fiber|
|Mast Material||Aluminum or Carbon|
The Carbon 32 is an all carbon-fiber vacuum resin infused constructed boat. It’s stiff carbon structure maximizes power transfer from the sails into boat speed. The boat is light – only 4,000lbs ready to race – allowing it to plane easily and stay on that plane longer! The deck layout brings everything close to hand making the boat easier and safer to sail. The interior is simple and functional but comfortable for offshore cruising or racing. The Carbon 32 has been designed to be raced with a minimal crew of 3-4 sailors – less people means less body weight, less food and supplies, and less gear – which makes the boat great for mid-long point to point races.
Some of the other highlights include:
- Fixed or retractable carbon bow sprit
- Vacuum resin-infused, high aspect ratio carbon-fiber rudder and carbon-fiber tiller
- High ballast to displacement ratio giving more righting moment
- Lifting keel for trailering
- Refined and simplified interior to reduce weight
- Optimized sailplan for maximum power
- Integrated life raft compartment with removable hatch cover – also doubles as swim step
- Head located forward of the mast.
- Standing headroom down below.
- Two aft quarter berths with adjustable leeboards, and two additional berths in the salon.
- Integrated ice boxes on port and starboard .
Auxiliary power options include inboard diesel with RETRACTABLE PROPELLER, all-electric 48 volt, saildrive or outboard power.